Friday, June 5, 2009

Interviews, Clubs and Professionalism

My alarm went off at 7:30 AM Wednesday morning, two and a half hours before my interview with Baby Creative. I tried to hit snooze, but I was too anxious. I got up, got ready, grabbed some breakfast and was out the door by 8:45, and an hour and fifteen minutes before my interview. As soon as I got on the tube, I realized I was headed in the wrong direction. I stayed calm and figured out the next best route to find the Goodge Street exit. After taking several wrong routes I finally asked someone for help and they pointed me in the right direction. A sense of relief overwhelemed me as I got off on Goodge and started making my way towards where I thought Baby Creative’s office with fifteen minutes to spare…but naturally I was headed in the wrong direction…twice. After failing to hail three cabs and with a quick and annoyed "no I'm sorry I can't help you" from several local women, I finally got the courage to ask a man for help and eventually found the Baby Creative building! I walked in fifteen minutes late, but my interviewer understood completely. We spoke over coffee at a local cafĂ© and afterwards I felt very confident about my internship placement at Baby Creative. I received an email later Wednesday night confirming I had gotten the internship at Baby!

Then it was off to a tour through Westminster! Our tour guide was absolutely hilarious and told us all the details on Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, St. James Palace, St. James Park, and so much more. We plan on going back to the Westminster area this weekend to get more pictures and tours.



Thursday Erin, Tim and I all went shopping in Angel and bought groceries for the week. We walked through a small market and then went to get my new Piccell phone. Thursday evening we went to a club called Crystal. One of Christopher’s friends from KU is from London and knew someone who could get us onto a VIP list for Crystal. I mean this in all seriousness, all of my friends and I were dressed in nice jeans, cute tops and little sweaters...we looked like we were going to Sunday school compared to the way the Crystal crowd was dressed. It was unbelievable. The music was deafening and everyone was dancing everywhere; on tables, on the bar, on the booths, it was like a movie or something! Rumor has it that Lindsay Lohan was there the night before…how exclusive. We made it home and went to our professionalism class this morning…how ironic.

Tomorrow we plan on seeing The London Tower, The London Bridge, The London Eye and other "Londony" things. We intend to get an early start, so no Club Crystal tonight!

Stay tuned for an eventful weekend…and don’t forget to check out my latest photo album!

Cheerio for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment